Questions to ask to explore
1) Will I be comfortable stopping treatment to pursue adoption?
2) Can I pursue adoption and infertility treatments at the same time emotionally and/or financially?
3) Can I let go of my “DREAM CHILD?”
4) Do I need counseling to resolve my issues about infertility?
5) Am I ready to be “out of control” again?
6) Can I accept a child that looks different from me?
7) Can I accept a child that has abilities and challenges that are different from me?
8) Is my extended family open to adoption?
QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT WHAT KIND OF ADOPTION IS BEST FOR YOU?
1) Will I feel cheated if I do not have a newborn?
2) Can I handle meeting a birth family?
3) Can I take the time to travel overseas?
4) Do I want a child that looks like me?
5) Do I want to be gender-specific?
6) Do I want more than one child at a time?
7) Do I want to have health and background information about my adopted child?